PADI Wreck Diver Course
Whether purpose-sunk as an artificial reef for scuba divers, or lost as the result of an accident, wrecks are fascinating windows to the past. Ships, airplanes and even cars are fascinating to explore and usually teem with aquatic life. Each wreck dive offers a chance for discovery, potentially unlocking a mystery or spying something others have missed.
Get the PADI Wreck Diver Specialty course with Adrenalised Diving based in the V&A Waterfront Cape Town. This course is popular because it offers rewarding adventures while observing responsible wreck diving practices.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN:
There are many different types of wrecks, some of which are protected by laws that guard their historical and cultural significance. Your training starts by reviewing guidelines for researching and respecting wrecks. During four dives you’ll learn:
- Safety considerations for navigating and exploring wrecks.
- Surveying and mapping a wreck.
- Using penetration lines and reels to guide exploration.
- Techniques to avoid kicking up silt or disturbing the wreck and its inhabitants.
You may be able to get college credit for the Wreck Diver course – ask your instructor.
Also, the first dive of this PADI Specialty Diver course may credit as an Adventure Dive toward your Advanced Open Water Diver certification.
- Be a PADI Adventure Diver rating or higher.
- Minimum Age: 15 years old.
- Be in good physical health to participate in any inwater activities. Download a PADI medical statement and questionnaire here.
- 2 Days.
- Minimum 2 students and Maximum of 4 students per instructor.
PADI DEEP DIVER COURSE INCLUDES:
- Full tuition by an internationally certified PADI instructor.
- Registration with PADI International Limited.
- Full equipment use.
- 4 Sea dives.
- MPA (Marine Protected Areas) permit.
- Course materials.
- Transport from the dive shop to the dive sites and back to the V&A Waterfront.