PADI Scuba Diver Course
Are you short on time but really want to become a diver?
The PADI Scuba Diver course is a subset of the PADI Open Water scuba diving course.
If you’re short on time but really want to become a diver, the PADI Scuba Diver course offered by Adrenalised Diving in Cape Town might be right for you ̶ particularly if you expect to go scuba diving primarily with a dive guide. This course is an intermediate step for earning the PADI Open Water Diver certification, if that’s your ultimate goal.
PADI Scuba Divers are qualified to:
- Dive under the direct supervision of a PADI Professional to a maximum depth of 12 metres/40 feet.
- Obtain air fills, rent or purchase scuba equipment and participate in dive activities as long as properly supervised.
- Continue dive training by completing the PADI Open Water Diver certification and taking certain specialty diver courses.
WHAT YOU LEARN:
The PADI Scuba Diver course consists of three main phases:
- Knowledge Development (online, independent study or in a classroom) to understand basic principles of scuba diving – just the first three of five sections of the Open Water Diver course.
- Confined Water Dives to learn basic scuba skills – just the first three of five dives of the Open Water Diver course.
- Open Water Dives to use your skills and explore – just two of four dives of the PADI Open Water Diver course.
- To enroll you must be 10 years old or older.
- You need adequate swimming skills.
- Be in good physical health to participate in any in-water activities.
- Download a PADI medical statement and questionnaire here.
- No prior experience with scuba diving is required.
- 2 days.
- Maximum of 4 students per instructor.
PADI SCUBA DIVER COURSE INCLUDES:
- Full tuition by an internationally certified PADI instructor.
- Confined water (swimming pool) sessions.
- 2 Qualifying dives (sea dives).
- MPA (Marine Protected Areas) permit.
- Full equipment use (Including a dive computer).
- Registration with PADI International Limited.
- Course materials: Ultimate Open Water Crewpack.
- Transport from the dive shop to the dive sites and back to the V&A Waterfront.
- While on this course a 10% discount is offered on all dive gear purchased.