PADI Discover Scuba Diving Experience
Ever wondered what it’s like to breathe underwater?
If you want to try scuba diving, but aren’t quite ready to take the plunge into a certification course, then the PADI Discover scuba diving experience in Cape Town offered by Adrenalised Diving is perfect for you. While not a scuba certification course, the Discover Scuba Diving Experience is a quick and easy introduction to what it takes to explore the underwater world.
What will you learn:
You learn the basic safety guidelines and skills needed to dive under the direct supervision of a PADI Professional. If you make an open water dive, you’ll practice a few more skills in shallow water to prepare for your adventure.
- Go over the scuba equipment you use to dive and how easy it is to move around underwater with your gear.
- Find out what it’s like to breathe underwater.
- Learn key skills that you’ll use during every scuba dive.
- Have fun swimming around and exploring.
- Hear about becoming a certified diver through the PADI Open Water Diver course.
Plus, you can get credit! When you participate in this option of the Discover Scuba Diving program, which includes an actual scuba dive in open water, your experience may count towards the PADI Scuba Diver or PADI Open Water Diver certification, putting you a step ahead of the game when you decide to go for it.
- To sign up, you must be at least 10 years old.
- Be in good physical health to participate in any in-water activities. Download a PADI medical statement and questionnaire here.
- Full day.
- Maximum of 2 students per instructor.
PADI Discover Scuba Diving Includes:
- Full tuition by an internationally certified PADI Professional.
- Confined water / swimming pool session.
- 1 open water dive (sea dive).
- MPA (Marine Protected Areas) permit.
- Full use of scuba gear.
- Certificate of Recognition with PADI International Limited.
- Transport from the dive shop to the dive sites and back to the V&A Waterfront.
- Additional sea dive (after completion of DSD experience) - R375.