Aqua Lung Express
The heart of the Express ADJ is a highly elastic “armadillo” hinge at the base of the blade. Like the Power Bands of the Slingshot, it absorbs energy during the power stroke and releases at the end of the kick cycle to maximize thrust. These open-heel fins are an excellent choice for cold and temperate water divers who need a powerful, compact blade.
- The Express fin is now available in an open-heel version. The Express ADJ fin represents the latest in technology and material innovation. Comfort, power and efficiency are the hallmarks of this propulsion machine. Strap a pair on and see for yourself.
- The Express fin works on the same principle as the popular Slingshot and Hotshot fins. The function of the Slingshot power bands has been converted into the Express “Armadillo”.
- This patented, elongated membrane is made from ultra-elastic rubber. Like power bands, it accumulates elastic energy during the down stroke and returns it at the end of each kick cycle.
- The Armadillo also bridges the gap between the front of the foot pocket and the back of the blade, which eliminates any water transfer through the fin.
- The blade connects halfway back on the foot pocket at the mid-foot flex joint. This eliminates hyper-extension of the toes and ankles.
- The foot pocket is not only comfortable, but provides different thickness zones which properly secure the foot to the blade for maximum energy transfer.
- Rubber side ribs channel the water down the length of the fin minimizing the spill-over effect.
- Features the ESBS (Ergonomic Strap and Buckle System). The protruding press – to- release buttons can be operated easily even while wearing thick gloves.
- The strap, made of rubber with anti-aging compounds, has three convenient loops. This makes strap easy to tighten or pull up over the heel even with the thickest of gloves
- Over-sized, anti-slip rubber pads on the bottom of the fin