Seal Scuba Diving Trip
Join Adrenalised Diving on one of the most incredible, unique and fun scuba diving experience that the Mother City has to offer, scuba diving with seals in Cape Town.
The trip starts off from our PADI dive center based in the Cape Town V&A Waterfront where we board our catamaran yacht (for our 2 tank yact dive packages) or Adrenalised our 8.5m RIB boat (for our 1 tank boat dive packages) and make our way to the seal colony at Oudekraal as we pass Sea Point, Clifton and Camps Bay. On the trip you also have the chance to see Dolphins, Whales, Penguins, Sun Fish and much more.
The dive starts off by diving along a kelp forest, passing by rock formations covered in colourful marine life as your dive guide starts to purge their octo to call the seals. And this is when all of the action starts as the seals are extremely inquisitive, playful and loves bubbles which gives divers a unique insight into their underwater behaviour.
We limit the dive with the seals to a maximum of 30minutes as we have seen that this is what the adult seals are comfortable with before making our way back to the boat diving through the kelp forests and exploring the other unique features that the site has to offer.
This dive site is situated within the Marine Protected areas of the Western Cape. All scuba divers are required to have a MPA Permit to dive within this area.
DIVE SITE DESCRIPTIONCERTIFICATION LEVEL:
- Minimum: Open Water
- The bottom is generally 10m deep with a maximum depth of 15m.
- Besides the large rocks which break the surface, there are numerous lower submerged boulders around the exposed ones.
- Many of the boulders are situated that there are overhangs, swim-throughs and caves under them, and there are also some deep narrow gaps between the rocks.
- The site is often at it's best during or after south easterly winds.
- It is exposed to south westerly swells.
- Seals often hang out on the rocks and drop by to investigate during the dive. Kelp forests grow on top of the shallower rocks.
- Walls exposed to the SW and NW swells are relatively bare compared to overhangs, caves and sheltered areas, some of which are very colourful and heavily encrusted with sponges and small sea fans.
- October - May. The site is usually at it's best in the spring and summer months, but there are also occasional opportunities in autumn and early winter.
- Minimum of 4 divers and a maximum of 8 divers.
FUN DIVE INCLUDES:
- 2 Certified Dive Guides.
- Boat Fees for 1 Dive (If you choose the catamaran option you need to add a second dive to your cart or go to our 2 tank yacht dive packages).
- Fruit Platter (On the catamaran).
- Bottled Water.
FUN DIVE EXCLUDES:
- MPA permit (R45).
- Equipment rental (full set): R625 per day including 1 cylinder.
- R140 per extra cylinder.