PADI Open Water Course
Always wanted to learn how to scuba dive and to experience the world beneath the waves?
Start your underwater world adventures by taking the PADI Open Water Diver course in Cape Town with Adrenalised Diving. The Open Water Course teaches you the fundamentals of scuba diving and sets the foundation for all the other PADI scuba diving courses.
PADI Open Water Divers are qualified to:
- Dive to a maximum depth of 18 metres/60 feet.
- Obtain air fills, rent or purchase scuba equipment and participate in dive activities.
- Continue dive training by completing the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver certification and taking certain specialty diver courses.
If you’ve tried diving through a Discover Scuba Diving experience, the skills you learned may be credited towards a portion of the full PADI Open Water Diver course certification.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN:
The PADI Open Water Diver course consists of three main phases:
- Knowledge Development to understand basic principles of scuba diving
- Confined Water Dives to learn basic scuba skills.
- Open Water Dives to use your skills and explore!
You may be able to get college credit for the Open Water Diver course.
How can you start learning now?
You can start learning with PADI’s home-study materials – Open Water Diver TouchTM (a tablet app).
- To enroll in a PADI Open Water Diver course (or Junior Open Water Diver course), you must be 10 years old or older.
- You need adequate swimming skills.
- Be in good physical health to participate in any inwater activities.
- Download a PADI medical statement and questionnaire here.
- No prior experience with scuba diving is required.
- 3 days.
- Maximum of 4 students per instructor.
PADI Open Water Diver Course Includes:
- Full tuition by an internationally certified PADI instructor.
- Confined water (swimming pool) sessions.
- 4 Qualifying dives.
- MPA (Marine Protected Areas) permit.
- Full equipment use.
- Registration with PADI International Limited.
- Open Water Diver Touch (including knowledge reviews, quizzes and exams), eTraining Dive Log and certification card processing fee.
- While on this course a 10% discount is offered on all dive gear purchased.
- Transport from the dive shop to the dive sites and back to the V&A Waterfront.