PADI Divemaster Course
Do you have a passion for scuba diving? Want to take your passion to a whole new level?
Adrenalised Diving based in the V&A Waterfront Cape Town has the perfect course for you. Enrol on the PADI Divemaster course and turn your passion into a career.
At Adrenalised Diving we pride ourselves in ensuring that the highest quality of professional diver training is provided. By signing up for a PADI Divemaster scuba diving course with us you can be assured you will not only have successfully completed all the requirements outlined by PADI Course Standards but also receive valuable information and additional skills and experience that enables you stand out from the rest and prepares you for the local and international professional diving industry.
Scuba divers look up to divemasters because they are leaders who mentor and motivate others. As a divemaster, you not only get to dive a lot, but also experience the joy of seeing others have as much fun diving as you do.
The PADI Divemaster course is your first level of professional training. Working closely with a PADI Instructor, you’ll fine-tune your dive skills, like perfecting the effortless hover, and refine your rescue skills so you anticipate and easily solve common problems. You’ll gain dive knowledge, management and supervision abilities so you become a role model to divers everywhere.
The course is divided into 3 main sections:
- Water skills and Stamina exercises
- Knowledge Development
- Practical Application
Adrenalised Diving offer exclusive additional training, including:
- Workshops (Provide valuable training to add to your skill set as a PADI Divemaster)
- Dive shop experience (You will be involved in the organisation and general running of a dive shop. This type of exposure is extremely valuable as you gain working experience in the industry)
As PADI Divemaster you will be able to:
- Supervise both training and non training – related activities by planning, organising and directing dives.
- Assist a Teaching status PADI Instructor on any PADI course.
- Guide PADI Open Water Diver course students during the tour portion of the dives 2, 3, and 4 under the direct supervision of an Instructor.
- Teach the PADI Skin Diver course and the PADI Discover Snorkeling program.
- Conduct a PADI Discover Local Diving program.
- If qualified as a PADI Discover Scuba Diving leader, independently conduct PADI Discover Scuba Diving in a pool or in confined open water.
- Teach Emergency First Response courses after successfully completing an Emergency First Response Instructor course.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN:
The PADI Divemaster course teaches you to be a leader and take charge of dive activities, you develop the skills to organise and direct a variety of scuba diving activities.
Topics and practical workshops include:
- The role and characteristics of the PADI Divemaster.
- Supervising dive activities and assisting with student divers.
- Diver safety and risk management.
- Divemaster conducted programs and specialized skills.
- Business of diving and your career.
- Awareness of the dive environment.
- Dive setup and management.
- Mapping an open water site.
- Conducting dive briefings.
- Organizing a search and recovery project and a deep dive.
- Conducting a scuba review and skin diver course.
- Assisting with Discover Scuba Diving and leading Discover Local Diving programs.
- Be a PADI Rescue Diver or an equivalent certification from another organisation.
- Be 18 years old.
- Have a valid first aid certificate - had training within the past 24 months.
- A medical statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
- Have 40 logged dives to begin the course and 60 dives to earn certification.
- Divers who do not yet have 40 logged dives should contact us to enquire about our special package deal for build up dives, during which you get to log these dives.
PADI DIVEMASTER COURSE INCLUDES:
- Full tuition by an internationally certified PADI instructor
- Full equipment use (If option is chosen)
- 20 Dives
- MPA (Marine Protected Areas) permit
- PADI encyclopedia of diving
- PADI knowledge workbook
- PADI divemaster slates
- PADI instructor manual
PADI DIVEMASTER COURSE EXCLUDES:
- PADI Registration of £72.50 payable directly to PADI (This annual fee is for your Professional Membership fee to PADI)
- Equipment Rental (Unless opted for rental included)
- Build up dives *
* A package deal will be calculated on the amount of build up dives required to start the Divemaster programme. You will receive preferential rates for tanks and free equipment rental during the build up dives. T&C's apply.